2. How to Use Bookstore
1. 7 Sections of Bookstore
- Featured：Store Manager recommended e-books
- New：Newly published e-books
- Magazine：List all education magazines
- Category：Search for e-books by category
- Publisher： Search for e-books by publisher
- Bookmark：Display all your bookmarked e-books
- Purchased ：Display your purchase history
2. How to purchase or get e-books
We encourage teachers and the industry to share e-textbooks in response with the philosophy of Open Knowledge Association to help more students benefit from the concept of “creating together, sharing together, and combining together.”
- Most shared e-books are free of charge, including e-books that teachers or schools are willing to share.
- Those charged e-books have displayed a "R coins" symbol at the cover, no "R coins" symbol indicated that ebook is free of charge.
- You can copy those free e-books to "Purchased" folder by pressing the "Get" button.
- If the e-books need to purchase, you can press the "R coin" button to buy. However, make sure you have enough "R coins" to settle the payment.
- After pressing the "R coins" or "Get" button, system will ask you to confirm to buy that e-book or not. Press "OK" to proceed the purchase or "Cancel" to cancel.
- You can found those already purchased or acquired e-books at "Purchased" category.
3. How to get editable e-books
- All editable e-books cover have a pen like icon appeared at the right hand corner
- Follow Steps mentioned in "2-How to purchase or get e-books" to get the editable e-book or press "To File Manager" button. Afterward, the e-book will copy to File manager for your own editing.
- At "Purchased" category, select the e-books and press " To File Manager" button. Afterward, the e-book will copy to File manager for your own editing.
4. Other functions (Bookmark, Purchased, Category, Open, Download )
You can search for e-books in the following ways:
- Category : Classified according to Subjects/Age groups/Permissions
- Purchased: This area display all e-books you have, whether they were free or not-free.
- Bookmark: Beside purchase, you also can bookmark your favorite e-books by pressing the "heart" like button
- Open : Open the e-books for reading.
- Download : All purchased or acquired e-books can be download to bookshelf. After pressing the "Download" button, system will prompt up a download progress circle to indicate the download progress. If you have downloaded more than 1 e-books, system will then indicate every e-book download status one by one. You can find the downloaded e-books in my Bookshelf
5. How to Top up (iOS, (Android, Windows, Mac not yet released))
- Upon entering the Bookstore, the lower left section will show the amount of R currency you have. Click “Buy” by the side..
- Select your top up amount, and then click “OK”. You must also accept the “exchange rate terms.”
- Make your payment via iOS：
- After selecting the top up amount, the system will ask for your Apple ID’s password
- The system will ask for your confirmation.
- Once you have confirmed, the system will proceed the top up process.
- Regarding the Apple ID payment method, please visit:http://store.apple.com/hk-zh/help/payments